Hey all! This tip comes to us from Alex Shebar, better known as @AlexShebar on Instagram. So I’m sure you may have seen people’s Instagram stories where…all of a sudden…text comes in, or one of those cute little stickers dances around across the screen. But maybe you only know how to make text appear THE WHOLE TIME in a video, right? Yeah, that was me, and then I asked Alex how he got the text to appear halfway through his videos, etc…
The answer? Pinning your text or sticker!
How to Pin a Sticker or Text to Your Instagram Stories/Video
1. You must be using a video in Instagram stories. This doesn’t work for static photo story posts.
2. Capture your video – don’t post it yet!
3. Add whatever text or stickers you’d like, press done, then HOLD DOWN on these items until you see this screen:
4. Now put your sticker or text wherever you’d like it placed in your video. Note that if your video moves/pans around quite a bit, it will only appear for the amount of time that portion of the video is onscreen. If your video is a Boomerang, you can have lots of fun with stickers!
5. It should look like this when posted on Instagram:
For additional tips on adding stickers and text to your Instagram stories, watch these clips:
Thanks for sharing, Alex!
Have an Instagram Tip You’d Like to Share with the Chicagogrammers Community?
We’d love to feature your Instagram tips and tricks on our blog! If you’ve got an awesome one, please fill out this form! We’ll be sure to give you credit!